Pro Anemia Profile by Thyrocare is a comprehensive Anemia Testing package and it includes 48 tests and 7 profiles to detect anemia and related complications. Anemia is a condition where blood is short of RBCs (Red Blood Cells) or hemoglobin. Hemoglobin is responsible for binding oxygen in the blood. If hemoglobin is low, body cells will be starved of oxygen causing organ malfunction or disorders.
Anemia can be caused by the deficiency of iron ore due to lower levels of Vitamin B12 and folic acid (iron-deficiency anemia is most common). Vitamins and folate are necessary for RBC production.
Why is this test important :
This package has tests to check for :
– Complete blood counts which measure Red Blood Cell and other blood elements
– Diabetes (sugar imbalance in the blood) as anemia is common among diabetes patients
– Electrolytes which are connected to the healthy heart and brain function
– Iron deficiency, as this is the main cause of anemia
– Lipid profile (or check for fats in blood like cholesterol, a key indicator of heart problems), as anemia can worsen heart problems
– Thyroid hormone as anemia is often a sign of hypothyroidism (under-active thyroid gland). Thyroid function is related to a host of bodily issues.
– Vitamin (B12, D) and Folic Acid, as these, can cause anemia
These tests require 10-12 hours of fasting (except water). The lab technician will collect a blood sample from the patient. This will be processed in a lab and the report provided usually within 24 hours.
Who should take this test :
All adults should take this test (or equivalent) at least once a year.
Call Us At : +91 7073 628 886
Wellness plan available all over India
Test Included In - Pro Anemia Profile