Root canal –
When These Two words comes in mind that that strike fear of pain and everybody want to know the answer of this hell question of pain, “What is root canal treatment?”
Most people feel pain when they hear the words “root canal”, but done correctly, a root canal actually relieves pain. But, this is the right query, what is a root canal? Who needs one and why? What is the process and what can you expect if you are getting one?
Here are some general answers, that you can know, but to learn more, visit to dentist about your specific situation to discover what is best for you.
What is a Root Canal?
Root canal is a dental treatment to repair a badly damaged tooth instead of removing it. The term “root canal” means cleaning of the canals inside a teeth’s root. It is a dental procedure that cleans the tooth from inside when the pulp in the tooth has become infected.
This could happen due to:
- A Tooth Abscess
- Severe tooth decay
- Facial/mouth/tooth trauma
- Needing a crown
- Cracked tooth or filling
Generally a patient will feel the tooth pain, sensitivity, soreness & swelling, and discoloration in infected tooth. If you’re facing these symptoms – meet your dentist, as this pain may be you need a root canal treatment!
Treatment Steps to a Root Canal:
- Firstly, an x-ray is needed to check the extent of infection and to see the entire tooth area.
- Local anesthesia is applied to keep the patient comfortable from pain during the treatment procedure.
- Rubber sheeting is placed around the tooth to keep it dry. A rubber guard keeps saliva away from the tooth that is being worked on to ensure safety.
- The dentist creates an opening in the tooth that allows them to clean the inside the tooth.
- After cleaning and shaping the inside the tooth, a special type of filling has to be done. Filling the space where the tooth pulp was removed that helps to prevent reinfection and also helps strengthen the tooth.
- A crown is used to complete the restoration.
What is Root Canal Treatment?
Root Canal Treatment is the entire procedure of diagnosing, and dental care treatment to reduce your tooth pain and improve your dental health.
The primary goal of root canal therapy is to save the tooth, which means you can get back to enjoying the food you love without pain. The whole procedure includes a few dentist meetings, and with new advanced technology made this faster & more effective than ever before.