It’s necessary to warm your body up for exercise before starting any home workout. It will help you to get the initial strength to do the remainder of the exercises below. Just get up and march on-the-spot for about 80 seconds for this.
Then go through the section below to learn about the best exercises, and how to perform them effectively. The following home exercises aim to give you a complete-body workout.
This home workout was mainly given out for the core and arms. Using the knee push-up as part of your home workout routines, you can boost your regular push-up role.
1. Start from the standard push-up position but put your knees on the floor instead of your feet.
2. Your feet should raise your feet slightly from your knees.
3. Then, bend your elbows up and down like normal push-ups while maintaining a straight position from your head to the knees.
Repeat this exercise in sets of 2 with 16 repetitions. Take some rest for 1 minute.
- To start, place your entire right foot onto the bench or chair or step in the home. Press through your right heel as you step onto the steps, bringing your left foot to meet your left so you are standing on the steps.
- Return to the starting position by stepping down with the right foot, then the left so both feet are on the floor.
- Complete 15 steps leading with the left foot, then repeat another 15 steps leading with your left foot. Do three sets.
Squats are another idea for home exercises that will improve your core and your balance. Moreover, doing this lower bodyweight exercise at home is good for toning your gluteus maximums.
1. Widen your feet parallel to your shoulder and extend your arms in front of you.
2. Bend your knees and your hips slightly and then do the traditional squat position.
3. Push up using your heels and repeat.
For an easy exercise at home, go for planks. Planks are a great exercise for core strengthening, especially if you’re seeking a challenge. Moreover, you can try several variations of this home workout to suit your fitness needs.
1. Lie on the ground in a push-up position.
2. Next, balance your body on your elbows.
3. Finally, hold this position for about 30 seconds.
You can attempt planks in intervals and in between other exercises. Hold the position for 30 seconds and slowly try to increase it to a full minute.
Get some of those tins or bags out of the suitcase and use them as weights. There’s almost an endless list of exercises you can, from simple bicep curls to dead-lifts.
Best yoga for Home Workout during Quarantine
- Surya Namaskar
- AkashGanga Dhyan (Galaxy Meditation)
- Brahmari Pranayama
Breathing exercise tips during this lockdown
- Deep Breaths
- Nadi Shodhana