Benefits of Onion juice for Hair | How to make it at home
Growing your hair is a challenge which takes patience and time. With the amount of time your hair takes to grow and the trimmings you can't stop, the temptation to give up is hard to resist.
Onion juice is most known home remedy for hair growth. This has been used as a natural remedy for decades. There are so many benefits of the onion juice for hair. This can make your hair shining and treat dandruff also. Onion juice may also avoid hair greying prematurely. You may not like its smell but it is super healthy to eat and apply onion topically. Onion juice helps stimulate the scalp by nourishing it and improving circulation in the blood. This can also fix any scalp issues, while also making sure the hair grows faster and thicker. Onion is a safe, natural, and affordable hair-friendly home remedy. Many people have reported that when dealing with hair loss and it improves thickness, stimulates growth, and even regenerates new growth.
In this article you can check the benefits of onion juice for hair and the process of how to make the onion juice for hair at home.
Benefits of Onion Juice for Hair
Here are all the reasons why onion juice is so effective in helping hair growth:
• Onion juice helps to promote hair growth by increasing antioxidant enzyme catalase levels. This enzyme helps to decompose hydrogen peroxide, thus maximizing the process of hair growth.
• The sulfur content in onions helps feed your strands and stimulate dormant hair follicles to reduce hair loss and increase hair growth.
• Since onion juice is a big source of antioxidants it helps to avoid harm to the environment. That ensures the scalp is frequently massaged with reversed onion oil, as well as delays in hair greying.
• Onion juice's antibacterial properties hold scalp infections at bay, maintaining a safe hair growth rate. Applying onion juice daily is a perfect way of seeing a significant improvement in hair loss.
• Onion juice stimulates the scalp and increases blood circulation, ensuring well-nourished follicles.
Read Also: Ayurvedic Treatment for hair loss
How to make onion juice for hair at home?
It's not a rocket science to make fresh onion juice for hair growth at home. What you need is a few onions, a juicer, plenty of patience and the ability to tolerate the powerful scent of onion that could burn your eyes!
Steps to make Onion Juice for hair growth at home
• Begin the step with an onion peel.
• Put peeled onion under running water in the sink to clean. This move will help you properly clean the vegetable by removing all forms of dirt and skin flecks.
• Take a towel of fresh cloth and pat dry onion.
• Use a sharp knife, cut the dried onion into end to end pieces.
• Now place a quarter of onion inside the juicer chute and switch on the device. By applying weight on it, it will crack the seed, and fully extract the juice. The other quarters are juice up one by one in the same way.
• When all of the onion has been juiced, clean and wash the juicer properly. You might also need to dip the tool into hot lathered water and scrub it for quite a few minutes to get rid of the vegetable’s good, long-lasting aroma.
• The fresh juice is collected and moved to a glass jar for further use.
• Now use a muslin cloth to filter the juice. That will ensure that there are no pieces of onion remain.
• Allow a good onion juice massage to your scalp in circular motions. Let it sit for approximately an hour.
• Rinse it off with a mild shampoo and make sure you get rid of the pungent onion smell.
• You can try to see positive results once a week.
Read Also: Health Benefits of Coconut Oil
How does onion juice help hair growth?
Onion juice has become very popular as an anti-hair fall/hair regrowth agent, although not the subject of extensive research. This has been used for years now as a home remedy for managing hair fall.
Science has shown that sulfur, the mineral of beauty, is the chief element of onion juice which helps to boost hair growth.
Also, onion juice contains micro-nutrients such as vitamin C, folate, vitamin B6 and potassium.
Onion juice can improve circulation, as it has anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial properties as well.
Applying onion juice to the hair and scalp can increase the supply of blood to hair follicles, which in effect will boost hair growth.
Also, onion juice is considered useful in preventing premature hair greying (although there are no studies to support this). This is due to the enzyme catalase production in hair follicles.